Fine Art in the Park - A Great Show & A Great Cause
Imagine strolling through a lovely park, buying first-rate art, AND knowing that your purchase goes to a great cause. The proceeds of the Los Altos Rotary Club's "Fine Art in the Park" show go to support a wide range of community service agencies in the Bay Area, and support international development projects in places like Nepal, Mexico, Malaysia and Afghanistan.
View the Artists Section for this year's artists!
About Fine Art in the Park
One of the Bay Area’s premier open-air art shows, featuring original, juried works by some 200 artists. Works range from paintings and sculpture to ceramics, jewelry and unique gifts. Entertainment, food and beverages make this an ideal occasion for shopping and fun. There is free parking at Los Altos High School, with shuttles to the park.
Proceeds Benefit Local and International Social Projects
All of the proceeds from Fine Art in the Park are used to fund a variety of socially significant projects in the Bay Area and around the world.
Here in the Bay Area, your purchase at the LARC “Fine Art in the Park” show helps the Los Altos Rotary Club (LARC):
- Provide free medical care through the RotaCare Clinic at El Camino Hospital
- Equipping young people with the learning skills and attitudes needed to succeed. Accomplished through organizations like; Partners for New Generations, the Eastside College Preparatory School, and Child Advocates and Alta Vista High School.
- Prevent the spread of AIDS through the pioneering work of the Rotary AIDS Project
- Underwrite the activities of community resources for the homeless; and · support a wealth of activities that enrich our community ranging from scouting and camping to music and local theater.
Internationally, the Rotary Club is is active in more than 200 nations around the world. The Los Altos Rotary Club uses this network of colleagues to reach areas of need around the world. LARC’s international projects include:
- Empowering the people of Nepal with practical solar technologies
- Reaching remote corners of the Dominican Republic with tele-medicine
- Planting fruit trees and digging wells in Afghanistan
- Working with AIDS patients in Africa
Promoting reading in a remote village in the Yucatan
- Providing tools, training and medicine for a tsunami-ravaged province in Indonesia.
Presented by the Los Altos Rotary Club
The more than 150 members of the Los Altos Rotary Club come from diverse backgrounds and professions. They are united in a common vision: Service above Self. The Los Altos Rotary club has been putting on their annual “Fine Art in the Park” show for more than 30 years now. It’s their prime fundraiser, and proceeds go to the Los Altos Rotary Endowment Fund for distribution to worthy causes. Interested in joining or supporting one of our initiatives? Visit our website at losaltosrotary.org.